Key to this is maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data that resides upon those systems.
This role will be responsible for ongoing operational analysis and response to security threats targeting AJ Bell systems and information.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to alerts and events, ensuring appropriate prioritisation based on impact and urgency.
- Analysis of large data sets to determine key events and impact of alerts
- Responsible for handling colleague queries relating to information security and acting as point of escalation for service delivery teams
- Support Identity Access Management activity, ensuring that access to our systems, servers and data is appropriate and in accordance with our security policies.
- Supporting the assessment, planning and co-ordination of patch management activities for internal systems and hardware
- Operating vulnerability scanning to confirm the effectiveness of patching
- Supporting the administration of email and web gateways
- Monitoring external information sources to make recommendations on latest security threats and vulnerabilities that affect our technical estate
- Responsible for the analysis and dissemination of threat intelligence data to key internal stakeholders.
- Generation of monthly metrics and key performance indicators.
- Incident response first responder and on-call support.
- Creation and management of phishing simulation campaigns
Essential experience, knowledge and skills:
Strong understanding and knowledge of Information Security risk management tools and techniques
- Experience of Information Security standards and frameworks
- Awareness and understanding of the Information Security threat landscape
- Understanding of Information Security solutions e.g. email / web gateways, SIEM, Endpoint protection etc.
- Knowledge/experience working with firewalls is highly advantageous
- Awareness of Cloud security solutions and standards is highly advantageous
- Experience working within recognised Information Security frameworks and best practices such as ISO27001, NIST etc.
- Experience in an Information Security role gained in a financial services or e-commerce environment is preferred
- Ability to challenge approach, strategy and implementation to ensure Information Security is consistently considered and improved
- Structured, self-starting, flexible and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to plan, organise and follow through on assigned tasks and complete with little or no prompting from management
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have 491,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £76.1 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the UK's ‘Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for six consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing up to 31 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.