Lead Delivery Manager
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
As a Lead Delivery Manager at GDS you’ll:
- shape the programme of work by establishing how the team will work as a team of teams, encompassing internal staff & 3rd party managed services
- build a programme of work that looks at the big picture, to deliver long term outcomes & benefits inline with the business case commitments
- ensure the programme strikes the right balance of leveraging Managed Services to augment work, while ensuring long term knowledge retention
- work with the teams, peer-level colleagues and stakeholders across the directorate to collectively manage internal & external dependencies and risks to delivery across all teams
- ensure the programme remains focused on delivering outcomes and benefits in alignment with the strategic objectives
- ensure teams and programmes understand their mission, vision and goals, and that these align across the organisation
- lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplinary teams, helping them organise and plan their work, ensuring they deliver products and services that meet users’ needs
- ensure teams clearly communicate their plans and progress through their plans using recognised agile practices
- provide data to help report on the programme to the Head of Delivery
- identify the people, skills and resources that teams need to deliver to the agreed goals
- manage stakeholders to ensure good relations and effective communication
- actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, line managing, coaching, mentoring, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve delivery capability
Who you'll be
We’re interested in people who have:
- a significant track record of successfully delivering difficult or complex digital programmes or portfolios of work, leading, coordinating and motivating multi-site / multi-department teams
- a deep understanding of agile and lean methodologies and how they can be applied at scale to deliver products and services
- a deep understanding of the digital landscape
- experience in matrix-managing multidisciplinary teams
- experience managing programmes with £5m+ budgets
The standard selection process for roles at GDS consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you’ll be” section above
- A presentation/task - full details will be provided to those invited to interview
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours listed above and your experience
Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
GDS offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is CTC. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers