You’ll be working in a growing cross-functional team that’s focused on measuring, analysing and improving our digital carbon emissions. In addition, you’ll also be working with stakeholders both internal and across government to understand needs and to deliver new capability in embedding sustainability within a digital service.
You’ll be core to making decisions that build a high performing team, adept at breaking down barriers for your team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the details to make things happen when needed.
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you’ll:
- Working with developers and using existing technical knowledge to identify solutions to facilitate the implementation of technical improvements.
- Co-create and co-own plans and progress using recognised lean/agile practices, and communicate status to more senior people and users appropriately
- Providing valuable and eco-conscious delivery metrics to support continuous improvement, emphasising efficiency and sustainable practices.
- Lead the implementation of service improvements with a focus on sustainability and reducing the carbon impact of GDS services
- Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplinary teams, helping them organise and plan their work, ensuring they deliver timely sustainable products and services that actually meet users’ needs.
- Facilitate an inclusive team environment where innovation and challenge are welcomed from all colleagues
- Delivery to the agreed goals of the digital sustainability strategy, actively tackling impediments, risks and blockers, and communicating and escalating where necessary
- Continually improve the effectiveness, efficiency and cohesion of teams
- Work with senior leaders and stakeholders in GDS and CDDO to ensure all needs are understood and to influence strategic direction
- Manage stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment and effective communication, taking into account organisational context and different needs and priorities, dealing constructively with conflicting views
We’re interested in people with experience of:
- using agile practices to ensure the iterative and timely delivery of products and services that serve real user needs
- actively tackling technical impediments, risks and blockers, and communicating and escalating where necessary
- facilitating effective workshops which give a voice to all participants and provide concrete outputs that enable delivery
- leading successful high functioning multidisciplinary delivery teams which are aligned to the organisation’s strategic priorities and the needs of stakeholders
- sustainability or environmentalism is desirable. An interest in learning about digital sustainability principles and other sustainable topics is equally as desirable
The benefits of working at GDS
There are many benefits of working at GDS, including:
- flexible hybrid working with flexi-time and the option to work part-time or condensed hours
- a Civil Service Pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- 25 days of annual leave, increasing by a day each year up to a maximum of 30 days
- an extra day off for The King’s birthday
- an in-year bonus scheme to recognise high performance
- career progression and coaching, including a training budget for personal development
- paid volunteering leave
- a focus on wellbeing with access to an employee assistance programme
- job satisfaction from making government services easier to use and more inclusive for people across the UK
- advances on pay, including for travel season tickets
- death in service benefits
- cycle to work scheme and facilities
- access to children's holiday play schemes across different locations in central London
- access to an employee discounts scheme
- 10 learning days per year
- volunteering opportunities (5 special leave days per year)
- access to a suite of learning activities through Civil Service learning
GDS offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home and also spends some time in their local office. You’ll agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
Any move to Government Digital Service from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Things you need to know
Selection process details
In the Civil Service, we use our Success Profiles. For each role we advertise we consider what you will need to demonstrate to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity. We will be looking at your experience, career history and achievements that are relevant to the specific job role. We may assess your ability, strength, experience, technical/specialist skills and behaviours. At the interview you will be asked to give a short presentation on a topic that will be provided in advance. For this role the following behaviours are the most relevant:
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
The standard selection process for roles at GDS consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “person specification" section above.
- An interview - We will assess you against the behaviours listed above and your experience
Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.