We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to work on a range of Drupal CMS and React/Gatsby web applications projects for midsize to enterprise clients including well-known brands such as WaterAid, BAFTA, National Grid, National Youth Theatre, University of Central Lancashire, Stagecoach Bus, and Wave Utilities.
You’ll be working in a dedicated build squad and working remotely - so being a self-starter and highly motivated with an expert level understanding of your disciplines is essential.
Senior Front End Developer responsibilities and duties
Leading the squad by example for coding standards/practice and attention to detail in your own discipline, you will support the Technical Lead in driving and maintaining high standards of technical development, communication, and behaviour across the team.
- Producing high-quality solutions that are faithful to designs and help clients achieve their goals.
- Contribute to the scoping, planning, and documentation of projects.
- Motivate, inspire and junior members and peers in your area of expertise.
- Manage design systems working closely with creative/UX team members and client stakeholders.
- Communicate technical solutions at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences, including clients.
Senior Drupal Developer qualifications and skills
- 5+ years on-the-job experience of commercial web development using JS/CSS.
- 4+ years experience working as a specialist with Drupal using Twig and Drupal CMI/API.
- 4+ years experience with Git and team workflows.
- Ability to produce and review high quality, clean code.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Comfortable being a principal for your area in the stack (you will have a counterpart Frontend/Backend specialists in your team).
Desirable Skills and experience
- Drupal 8, Acquia or JS certification.
- Experience with Cypress for automated browser testing
- Broader experience (or the desire) of working with frameworks such as React and Gatsby.
- Interest or expertise in Tailwind, Typescript, Webpack & styled-components.
- A Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree, or a relevant apprenticeship qualification.
Our Tech Stack
At Access we are a Drupal first agency, however, we are keen on innovation and using the right tools for the right job. As such, you may be asked to work with JS frameworks such as React or Vue or PHP frameworks such as Symphony or Larvel. We also know how important DevOps and business tools are for a productive and happy agency. A new project would typically use a Tech Stack like the below:
- PHP, JS, HTML, CSS
- Drupal / React
- Jira / Confluence / BitBucket
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this, we provide a range of benefits, perks, and opportunities to provide a rewarding package.
Perks and benefits of working for Access
- Remote First, optionally work in our Manchester office
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Peer to peer bonus and recognition scheme
- MacBook Pro & support for home working equipment
- Training and personal development fund
- Conference and networking support and funding
- Flexible start times
- Part-time and full-time positions
- Tax-free bike scheme
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Additional maternity, paternity, and sick leave support
- 24 days holiday (up to 29 days with additional loyalty holiday entitlement)
- … and your birthday day off!
- Paid and subsidised social events
- Optional office working perks:
- Free fruit and healthy (and the occasional not so healthy) snacks
- Free secure car parking
- Free indoor secure bike store
- Free and subsidised onsite fitness and wellbeing classes
- Showers and lockers