AJ Bell is one of the UK's largest investment platforms, with assets under administration exceeding £62.5 billion and more than 312,300 clients. Our award-winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
We are actively recruiting a Test Engineer to help us on our mission of striving to make investing easier for all. You will put users at the forefront of the way you think and be passionate about great user experience. You will be able to deliver tested, resilient and performant code against a fast paced environment. Your role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our mission by developing, shaping and iterating our customer applications.
You will be working on a product that will help shape the way that people invest in order to secure their future financial wellbeing. Working in a highly focused application development team you will be responsible for delivering against key company goals not just a set of features. You will have the opportunity to impact and shape the way we build products.
Working in a small agile team will allow you to be both nimble whilst at the same time delivering value to the business. Our focus is on individuals and delivery rather than ceremonies and complex process.
- Understand and interpret business, functional and technical requirements
- Understand AJ Bell products and processes, and relevant Financial Services legislation
- Have input into how solutions are developed and delivered using knowledge and expertise to help deliver the best possible outcome for the customer
- Carry out testing across a wide range of processes and systems - including web and mobile, API, back office (workflow) processes, 3rd party systems and integrations between all of these systems including end to end testing
- Execute test scripts and record results using software testing tools (JIRA/XRAY)
- Raising bugs in a timely manner with sufficient detail to be fixed/reproduced
- Working alongside Technical leads and testers from Project inception to create and implement appropriate test automation approach to complement the manual testing and overall project deliveries.
- Being involved in exciting new research projects and proof of concepts
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing and release to Production
- Knowledge of Agile working practices and ability to apply its practice
Competence, Knowledge and Skill
- Full understanding of the testing lifecycle & methodologies
- Create and design automated test scripts using the BDD methodology
- Maintain and enhance the existing web automation framework
- Carry out exploratory testing within an Agile development environment
- Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments
- Experience of testing Web APIs using SoapUI / Postman and similar tools
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, Gherkin, Page Object Model
- Technical understanding of processes under test and relevant related processes and the ability to test components
- An understanding of test automation concepts and their application
- Experience in CI / CD using tools such as Jenkins, Git,
- Take an automation-first approach to test execution
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with those in a technical role (e.g. developers) in addition to user
In return you can expect:
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!