Contact Centre Manager
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
The Government Digital Service (GDS) is part of the Cabinet Office. We’re here to make digital government simpler, clearer and faster for everyone. Our work is user-focused, dynamic and forward-looking, making our organisation an exciting and innovative place to work.
The GOV.UK One Login for Government Programme represents a once in a generation opportunity to simplify and widen access to all digital government services. Sitting at the heart of the government, we are building one simple, safe and secure way for users to Log in and prove who they are that will work across all government services.
GOV.UK One Login is being designed and built for the many, not the few. It will unite services across government, revolutionising the way government departments digitally interact with users. One Login will deliver an accessible and essential function that will change lives and help millions. We are an ambitious and visionary team so if you want to be at heart of this truly ground-breaking programme keep reading…
The GOV.UK One Login programme is full of talented and passionate people who are consistently delivering high quality products for services and individuals. We’re half way through our build phase and features are being shipped almost weekly as we work to mature our product set so that we can expand the range of services and departments benefitting from our work.
The right person will join a well-motivated and dynamic multi-disciplined delivery team working to deliver on our commitments and roadmap.
If you’ve got a background in software delivery and are used to working in a scaled agile environment, then this could be the place for you!
Sometimes described as the most strategic programme in government, GOV.UK One Login represents a once in a career opportunity to work on a software product that will be used by the majority of the people living in the UK. It’s a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment that is sure to offer you career satisfaction as well as a chance to develop and enhance your skills.
if this sounds like the next role for you on your career journey then we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more at the GDS Blog.
This is an exciting opportunity to establish a contact centre from scratch - working from contract award through to live operations and scaling activity to meet the demands of users as One Login moves towards ubiquity. The Contact Centre Manager will play a critical role in ensuring that One Login is able to meet user needs and does not leave anyone behind. We’re establishing a contact centre to provide joined-up, real-time user support that can meet the needs of all Users should they encounter issues when using “GOV.UK One Login”. The contact centre forms an intrinsic part of our inclusion strategy for One Login and will be keenly focussed on delivering outcomes for our end users through iterative innovation while representing value for money to the taxpayer.
The Contact Centre Manager will be responsible for setting direction for the contact centre; working with our chosen supplier to ensure high quality service provision while driving continuous improvement. With day to day oversight for the contact centre operations, they will be responsible for building and maintaining a productive supplier relationship, driving a smooth transition into live service, and working collaboratively with our supplier to identify and deliver opportunities for greater efficiency while maintaining high levels of user satisfaction.
Key activities include:
- Taking the Contact Centre from supplier award through to effective live operations; working across the programme to ensure alignment with the wider programme roadmap and existing teams
- Day to day oversight for the Contact Centre; ensuring it delivers on key requirements, meeting key performance indicators and SLAs and tackling areas of concern and poor performance as required.
- Effective supplier management; building a productive and collaborative relationship with our chosen supplier
- Ensuring high levels of user satisfaction, drawing on data and insights to identify areas of concern, working collaboratively with the supplier to address them
- Taking ownership for the strategic direction and iteration of the contact centre, including unlocking additional functionality as evidenced through clear user needs. Drawing on insights, subject matter experts and supplier feedback.
Who you'll be
We are looking for someone with strong technical skills and a proven track record of leading Supplier Management, enabling the delivery of a contact centre with most, if not all, of the following:
- Service focus: Proven track record (typically minimum of 5 years of experience) in establishing and managing a contact centre, preferably on a service that is comparable (i.e. scale, profile, risk, etc) to the one in question, including managing external suppliers for Live Service, Change, Digital and IT delivery. A minimum of ITIL Foundation is required for this role. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- User focus: Experience in setting, monitoring and achieving performance criteria in a contact centre environment, with a focus on quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Demonstrated ability to monitor random calls to improve quality, minimise errors, and track supplier operative performance. Particular focus will be on the ability to ensure service targets, SLA's, and KPI's are continually reviewed and expectations are met with optimum levels of quality & service delivery (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Strategic thinking: Experience setting strategic direction on a complex area of work in an Agile, multidisciplinary environment, with experience in using standard methodologies and approaches to Change and Project Delivery, working to outcomes across sprints.. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Supplier Management: Experience of procuring Change, Digital and IT delivery partners, under public procurement rules and regulations, and supplier management - including working with a suppliers resource planning team to ensure the most effective resource plans are developed and achieved against forecast volumes.
The standard selection process for roles at GDS consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter (750 words) to be uploaded to our job portal. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you'll be” section above.
- An interview - A presentation will be required at the interview covering the fundamentals of Problem and Incident Management. We will also assess you against the behaviours listed above.
Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
GDS offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made. Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is SC. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees. The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.