Executive Assistant - CDDO
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
As an Executive Assistant in CDDO you will be exposed to decision making from the most senior leaders in the civil service and government. The role is a challenging one with a high level of exposure and responsibility.
As a Executive Assistant you’ll:
- Support the Senior Leadership Team to ensure their diary runs smoothly and is the most effective use of their time and their email inbox is in order
- Arrange meetings, phone calls and events with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage core office functions and processes, including the coordination of a daily information pack and weekly forward look note
- Support the day-to-day running of the Directorate
- Manage incoming requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Provide Secretariat support where appropriate, largely to internal meetings within your directorate
- Ensure the office adheres to proprietary guidelines by managing transparency returns and by tracking and archiving expenses
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders, including officials within the department, in other government departments and external stakeholders
- Work with the Senior Executive Assistant to identify opportunities to continuously improve the workings of the Directorate, drawing on feedback from the Senior Leadership Team and other colleagues
Who you'll be
This role requires:
- People with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a delivery focused, agile environment. We’re looking for people who care about technology and who know how to make products, policies and services succeed
- Demonstrable administration and support skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate concisely and coherently to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing a busy diary and the ability to work with a sense of urgency is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of handling sensitive information, displaying tact and diplomacy and maintaining confidentiality
You’ll need to send us a CV and cover letter using no more than 750 words. Your application will not be considered if you do not provide a cover letter.
Your CV should show us your work history and previous experience. It should be well structured, succinct and written in clear language.
Your cover letter should give examples of how your skills and experience match those needed for this role.
The selection process as a standard for all of our roles consists of:
An application screening process
If we receive a high number of applications, we will carry out an initial sift using the lead behaviour of Managing a Quality Service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is BPSS. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.