Finance Manager - CDDO
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
As the Finance Manager you will:
- Work with the Operations lead and the senior leadership team to deliver a service to budget holders within CDDO
- Create and manage accurate financial forecasts within budget and contract pipelines for each cost code, presenting this clearly to budget holders and advising on actions needed to ensure there are no delays in the approvals processes.
- Manage CDDO finance data to produce and present effective financial reporting that enables budget holders and the executive team to make informed decisions, meeting with cost code leads on a monthly basis to review.
- Work with financial business partners and budget holders to ensure CDDOs financial information is correct and up to date on a monthly basis including but not limited to: month end data, accruals, journals, aged debt, purchase orders, goods received, payroll and Qlik.
- Work closely with the Cabinet Office Finance Business Partner to ensure compliance with Cabinet Office business rules and alignment with central reporting
- Build and manage a pipeline of commercial activity for CDDO, including live contracts and procurement, supporting business units to develop future requirements and navigate central approvals and corporate controls
- Establish strong relationships with the Cabinet Office Commercial Team(s) to ensure alignment with commercial assurance processes and broker access to commercial expertise where necessary
Who you'll be
This role requires:
- Experience in managing financial and contractual data; working with multiple information sources to create consistent and insightful management information
- Experience in creating financial models to support decision making.
- Excellent data literacy, with the ability to organise, analyse and communicate financial information in a clear and understandable way that enables business units and the senior leadership team to make better informed decisions
- Ability to deliver through collaboration and partnering in complex environments and across a range of business areas
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills and proven experience of dealing with stakeholders to deliver results including evidence of high personal impact and judgement working with stakeholders
- Knowledge or understanding of procurement and commercial management best practice
- Part or fully qualified in a professional accountancy qualification, or experience of working in finance.
The standard selection process for roles at CDDO consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a Cover Letter (up to 750 words) and a CV. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you’ll be” section above.
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours and strengths listed and your experience. Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage. The strengths that you will be assessed on include: Precise & Explainer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is BPSS. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.