Junior Talent Manager - CDDO
Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
As a Junior Talent Manager you will ensure successful delivery of fit for purpose and inclusive cross-government digital talent schemes. Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement, maintain and review talent approaches (such as leadership development, secondments), prioritising development of a diverse pool of senior talent into the DDaT profession. (This includes proactive planning and management of senior talent development interventions to support succession planning and sourcing of executive level critical skills.)
- Deliver against project plans - proactively taking action, reporting and pursuing progress, planning ahead and adapting as required.
- Partner and engage with cross-government stakeholders, building and growing key relationships and managing communications, including with those at senior levels.
- Develop evaluation products to assess talent schemes to ensure continual improvement and the delivery of quality services to users.
Who you'll be
This role requires:
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of HR, ideally experience in delivering senior talent management strategies, and a passion for diversity and inclusion.
- Creativity and tenacity in developing and implementing talent development products and solutions to meet wide ranging stakeholder needs.
- Experience in managing projects, and ability to deliver and prioritise effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Delivery at pace and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to manage large amounts of complex information, communicate clearly and persuasively, and build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships, especially at senior levels.
- A team player with a proactive, problem solving attitude and a desire to develop and support others from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Use of evidence to evaluate impact, inform decision making and understand the wider context and strategic priorities.
The standard selection process for roles at CDDO consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a Cover Letter (up to 750 words) and a CV. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you’ll be” section above.
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours listed and your experience.
- Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
- If we receive a high number of applications, we will carry out an initial sift using the lead criteria - Experience of working with senior stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made.
Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is BPSS. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.