Cabinet Office Government Digital Service -
What you'll do
The Resourcing, Talent & Inclusion team are responsible for ensuring we attract, recruit and retain a diverse range of skills within the business in order to drive and deliver our organisational objectives.
Within the team we have 6 sub teams all with a distinct purpose and strategic aim. Our GDS Recruitment Team manages the recruitment of employees across GDS partnering with individual areas of the business to fill specialist and high volume vacancies.
You’ll work with a dedicated Recruitment Partner to provide a proactive, effective and efficient recruitment service that meets individual business needs. You’ll have ownership of the end to end recruitment campaign management, always ensuring a positive experience for both our hiring managers and applicants. Recruiters will need to engage with people at all levels in the organisation, building good working relationships and making sure they support our recruitment efforts to hire great people.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn about modern recruitment practices, engage with people from all backgrounds in the digital space and to hone your craft as a digital recruitment professional.
As a Recruitment Manager you’ll:
- have ownership of the end to end recruitment campaign management, working with a recruitment partner to design an effective timeline for each campaign
- be responsible for guiding hiring managers and candidates through the selection process for Digital, Data and Technology recruitment campaigns
- lead all recruitment coordination and administration support this includes but not limited to; diary management, logistics (meetings and visits), room bookings for each campaign using our applicant tracking system and updating relevant systems and spreadsheets
- create engaging adverts on our social platforms and our applicant tracking system to make our jobs and projects visible to those we want to attract
- develop great relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the business, helping them to follow our recruitment timeline and educating them to give candidates a great experience
- manage candidate on-boarding process ensuring timely completion and both manager and applicant are regularly updated
Who you'll be
We’re interested in people who have:
- demonstrable experience of delivering an Internal recruitment service within a fast paced, matrix management organisation
- a proven track record of digital, data and technical recruitment
- excellent organisational skills
- strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain remote relationships
- strong stakeholder management skills with the confidence to push back and challenge when necessary
- knowledge of headhunting/sourcing/pipelining candidates through a variety of cost-effective channels
The standard selection process for roles at GDS consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, hit apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter (750 words) to be uploaded to our job portal. Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “who you'll be” section above.
- An interview - We will assess you against the behaviours listed and your experience
Depending on the volume of applications we may also include an additional stage, which you will be invited to should you pass the application screening stage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
GDS offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months, from which further appointments can be made. Candidates that do not pass the interview, however, have demonstrated an acceptable standard will be considered for similar roles at a lower grade.
Security Clearance: The level of clearance required for this role is BPSS. Further details are outlined in Security vetting for employees. The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-leavers-project-improving-outcomes-for-prison-leavers
Posted by Cabinet Office Government Digital Service
Civil Service Technology Roles
Here at CDDO ( Central Digital & Data Office) we have some fantastic opportunities that can be based from our expanding Manchester office.