Lead Digital Developer
We’re a key player in the UK healthcare market operating a chain of over 400 pharmacies and a national distribution network supplying medicines to thousands of pharmacies, doctors and hospitals on a daily basis. So you’ll have the opportunity to apply and develop your skills whilst playing a part in contributing to the health of the nation.
As Lead Digital Developer you will guide your team as they work with customers to truly understand business problems and then design, build and deploy innovative digital solutions. You will be comfortable with a mixed role combining architecture, design and development responsibilities. You’ll also be experienced in supporting, developing and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- Lead on technical delivery and own and continuously improve technical standards and practices.
- Provide architectural guidance, direction and consultation.
- Handle a split between architecture, design and development responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience with OutSystems or a similar low Code Platform. Or traditional development experience for example using C# or Java.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design.
- Good understanding of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Experienced developing web and mobile applications.
- Experienced with leading and mentoring other members of the development team.
- Agile ways of working and use of supporting tools such as Jira and Miro.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and how to use them in practice.
Some or all of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Delivering software using Test and/or Behaviour Driven Development.
- Familiarity with test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- OutSystems certification.