As an Android Developer your day to day would be working in a team of different disciplines planning, testing and developing improvements and new features for our apps. You would also be collaborating with other Engineers to code review, suggest improvements and knowledge share. In summary, this would include:
- Design and develop effective software that meets complex product and business needs
- Review and give constructive feedback on others’ code within the mobile team
- Drive work to successful completion across the immediate team
- Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensuring code quality and coverage
- Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools
- Ensure the teams’ software works in its operating environment
- Write, review and take responsibility for technical documentation
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle, including out of hours support for incident resolution
- Participate in and lead as required, the team's agile planning and delivery process
- Effectively participate in and help improve the team’s software development methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing and continuous delivery
- Work with project, product and technical leads to design software and create implementable specifications and tasks at feature and component level
- Mentor and coach more junior staff. Provide technical leadership and direction to peers and colleagues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate
Key skills and past experience should include
- Experience delivering native Android apps and significant experience with Java, Kotlin, Groovy (Gradle), XML
- Understanding of the Android ecosystem and best practices for development, design guidelines and limitations of the system
- Experience parsing data from an API inc. JSON, Restful and appropriate error handling.
- Experience writing unit tests and an appreciation for software quality
- API creation and integration
- Extensive experience writing and maintaining large scale robust production software in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles
- Expertise with one or more mainstream development and deployment toolchains (CD/CI)
- Understanding of software design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Expertise in test driven development and broader testing and QA concerns
- Expertise in developing for operational and non functional concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, scale, availability and resilience, security considerations)
- Extensive experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile
- Effective leadership and collaboration inside and beyond the team. The ability to influence diverse stakeholders effectively
- Technical Lead on at least 1 Medium/Large sized project or significant areas of work (6 months+)
- Worked on multiple projects or codebases concurrently
- Software engineering or computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced members of the team
- Interest in code architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with SignalR notifications
- Experience with the NDK
- Knowledge of iOS
Push Doctor is a multi-award-winning digital health company that enables you to have a video consultation with a GP within 6 minutes on any device. We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’re looking for amazing people to join us on our game-changing adventure to make millions of people healthier and happier.
You will be firmly hands-on with most of your time working with designers, developers and testers to deliver high quality scalable applications to support product delivery. You will be excited to work in a high-growth organisation, eager to rise to the challenge.
The company values a healthy work-life balance and a positive, growth-oriented workplace. Our office includes an in-house gym with a wide range of equipment, weekly yoga and kickboxing classes.
We are looking to scale up our services and are actively migrating to a sophisticated microservice architecture. With production systems on Azure and AWS, we plan to underpin the future of digital health
Push Dr Values:
Empathy We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
Ambition We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Resilience Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Flexible working
- Life Insurance
- Headspace - app for everyday Mindfulness and Meditation