The focus of the Senior Engineer is to work in a team to deliver code to a high quality in line with our product roadmap.
Working in a cross functional, self-organising Scrum team, you will be required to deliver high quality, complex changes using a variety of technical skills. You will be required to demonstrate excellent communication and learning skills to help the team deliver to their sprint goals.
The Senior Engineer will also be expected to motivate others by coaching within the with the ability and desire to coach others in the team.
** WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING **
- Work as part of a team to take ownership of, develop and maintain products in line with our Product Roadmap.
- Support and look to improve upon, best practices by following our coding standards to produce software of a high quality.
- Work with your team to design, code, test and verify code to drive solutions to technically complex issues.
- In conjunction with other Senior Engineers, guide the team to success by challenging, questioning and unblocking product backlog items, whilst demonstrating an ability to work autonomously.
- Coach and mentor others within the team to assist them in their forward career path.
** ROLE REQUIREMENTS **
• Strong all-round development skills
• An understanding of automation, unit tests and excellent testing skills
• An understanding of security, OWASP and a desire for high code quality
• Experience of Scrum and a good understanding of the scrum values
• A high level of self-motivation to expand on existing coding and technical knowledge (L&D time available)
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
• Restful Web Services
• Selenium / Nightwatch.js
• Azure Dev-Ops
** BENEFITS **
We offer a very generous benefits package, which includes:
- A discretionary bonus scheme;
- Generous holiday entitlement;
- Flexi-time and work-life balance initiatives;
- Pension plan with life assurance;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Permanent Health Insurance (income protection);
- Paid time off for charity work;
- Perk Box (high street discounts and deals);
- Personal training allowance.
You'll also be working in an exciting, innovative environment, with lots of social events, such as bowling nights, pay-day cakes, table tennis tournaments, pizza parties and much more!