Software Test Engineer
Lokulus - Macclesfield
As a Software Test Engineer, your role will include…
Working in a squad using Agile methodologies, you’ll be performing both functional and non-functional testing, and not afraid to challenge. You’ll get creative with ideas on how we can improve all aspects of testing within Engineering.
** This role is based at our offices in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, and we do require somebody who can regularly easily commute to us **
Who are we?
In case you haven't heard of us, we're Team Lokulus. We're proud to be in the UK's Top 50 Technology Companies to Work For.
We're a friendly bunch that creates and provides intelligent digital solutions, customer platforms and consultancy services to support and streamline the customer experience for our clients.
We truly believe business should be enjoyable. We have a personal approach, from our client care to our working environment. We are passionate about work-life balance, employee well-being, having fun and working collaboratively together to achieve our shared goals.
We like to think we offer a brilliant benefits package with something for everyone and hope you think so too...
- A discretionary bonus scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working and work-life balance initiatives.
- Pension plan with life assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Permanent Health Insurance (income protection).
- Paid time off for charity work.
- High street discounts and deals.
- Personal training allowance.
You'll also be working in an exciting, innovative environment, with fun, social events, such as bowling nights, pay-day cakes, table tennis tournaments, and much more!
Your key responsibilities will include…
- Test software changes to a high standard
- Design and create appropriate test plans and test cases
- Investigate and replicate issues from customer implementations
- Adopt a learn fast mindset, ensuring time is taken to upskill in line with future career aspirations
- Plan and test using functional and non-functional testing techniques
For this position, we’d love you to have…
- Working experience in manual testing techniques
- Curiosity, an eye for detail and the confidence to question why?
- A good understanding of non-functional testing
- Experience in producing test cases and test plans
- The ability to self-motivate to continuously learn (L&D time available)
- Good communication, written and documentation skills
And it would be great (but not essential) if you had experience in…
- Experience in automated testing techniques
- Knowledge of SQL and interrogating databases
- Experience of using source control
- Experience of testing restful APIs
- Experience in accessibility testing