What's in it for you
- Remote based role - work from anywhere as long as you have internet!
- Flexibility of working times (you may need to adapt your working schedule to fit our global teams at times)
- An amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other!
- Stretch yourself creatively: we'll help you focus on doing the things you love best
- Opportunity to travel to far flung places (ok well not right now but when travel resumes)
Here's who you need to be:
- Strategically minded: You don't simply build what the designers provide - you think about things from a buyer's perspective and how websites work
- Wordpress expert: You know Wordpress, in and out, and you've got years of experience with it
- Self starter: You're motivated by the work you do, not an office or other people
- Deadline master: You know how to work to deadline and will honour your team's time and planning
- Willing to teach: You're confident in your understanding of how websites work, and can explain to clients (who may not be as familiar with your terminology) why we're building it in this way
- Patience: You understand not everyone knows what you do. You can talk in plain English, not tech-speak
- You're comfortable with video - presenting, recording, introducing webinars, announcing things
- Experience working on a remote basis (you have to know you like it)
This may be you:
It's very likely you'll have been working on your own for a while, and are a little weary of all the hard work that goes into finding clients (and really good ones, not difficult ones), issuing invoices, dealing with admin, the ups and downs of getting paid and not getting paid, and being on your own. You'd like a strong creative team who will support you and listen to you, and you'd like the freedom of being able to switch off sometimes. And know that ultimately it doesn't all fall on your shoulders.
What you get to do:
- Create, build, and fix Wordpress websites. We work exclusively with accountants, so you get to craft beautiful new websites for people whose site is ugly, tired, broken, boring, or nonexistent.
- See the whole picture. You're the website developer, but you're involved in the project from "I might want a new site" to "Oh my word I love it!" - and beyond. (Most of our clients move to a website maintenance retainer with us, once the site is built.)
- WordPress work. We only build our clients' websites on Wordpress now, so you must know it inside and out.
- Problem solving. If something isn't working on a client's website, you'll figure out why, and what needs fixed, and will be able to fix it
- Management and maintenance. Plugins and integrations and apps and updating pages and SEO and fixing anything that's broken
- Work with a team. You're not on your own: you'll have designers and content writers and Client Marketing Managers (CMMs) and an entire team to support you and throw around ideas and discuss what works and doesn't.
- At least 3 years' experience working with Wordpress (theme and custom builds)
- A solid portfolio of websites you have built (and/or designed, if applicable)
- Experience in both front-end and back-end development
- Familiarity and experience with the latest and best in websites
- Understanding of how good design works with the user experience
This is a full time role. No outsourcers or freelancers will be considered. We want someone to be fully integrated as part of the PF team.
The role is based remotely. You can work from wherever you want, as long as you have solid internet access and can jump on Slack or Zoom video calls at any time. We consider this a UK based role as around 60% of our clients in the UK (rest are worldwide), as in the past we’ve found there can be a time zone issue in order to be available for client meetings and team meets and urgent projects.
When travel is on again, you'll be expected to travel to clients' premises for workshops and events, possibly with other PF team members.
We'll talk about money once we've talked about whether you like us and we like you. The right person will care more about working with PF than about simply making a little more money. We absolutely believe in rewarding people according to their contribution, but you're the kind of person who isn't motivated by money. You might even make less than another or a previous role, but will love your job and life and have more flexibility. (If that doesn't appeal to you, then this company is probably not a fit for you.)
What we’re like
- A mix of creative, digital, and geeky humans
- Apple users (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iMacs abound)
- Flexible. Things change all the time, so we just go with it.
- Virtual. We have "offices" in Manchester, sort of, but in reality our team are scattered all over the world working from their home offices.
- Honest. We don’t cut corners, we won’t lie, and we won’t ask you to (or approve if you do it).
- Human. We make mistakes from time to time, and when we do, we admit it.
- Servants. We love to serve. We’re passionate about helping our clients, and we want them happy.
Record a 3 minute video and send it to email@example.com.
You can also connect with the PF team on all the socials - all the links are in the footer of the PF site!
Examples of our work
These are some of the projects we've completed for accountants so far.
Check out our other open roles on the Careers page.