Here at The Candidate, we are partnered with a niche business who are continuously building new software products and services to support thousands of businesses across the UK. As a market leader within the transportation industry, this well-established
organisation are entering their next phase of growth and are searching for a Lead Developer who is able to drive their operations forward. Focusing on a product centred approach, you will create clean and concise code on both greenfield and brownfield projects whilst mentoring junior members of the development team. Reporting directly into the Head of Development and supporting the CTO, you will join a team of 5 hands on developers as you progress a growing business into their search for new products.
The successful candidate for the position of Lead Developer will join an entirely remote team (based across the UK) on a fully remote basis. Offering a salary up to £65,000, this position is ideal for a candidate who is ready to transition into a development team who are able to implement real change whilst modernising towards new languages and technologies. Alongside a positive technological culture, the business offer all employees a space on their bi annual company conference and quarterly team nights out.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Developer
- Act as the technical champion within the development team as you produce high quality code on a variety of greenfield & brownfield projects.
- Support the CTO & Head of Development in a hands on position as the business continues to expand.
- Conduct code reviews with junior members of the team as the offer your mentorship in order to improve the overall standard of coding.
What’s the Technical Stack?
- Back End development focused on the Microsoft stack with a particular focus on .Net Core & .Net Framework.
- Cloud hosting and DevOps functionality managed through Azure with an automated continuous integration pipeline & a manual deployment system.
- Automated testing including unit/integration test.
- Microsoft SQL Server used as a DMS.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong knowledge and experience developing software products & systems using the Microsoft stack (C#, .Net) with an expertise in .Net Core.
- All rounded technical mindset with a desire to work in all aspects of the delivery chain from analysis, to development and deployment.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment where you are passionate about brining your own ideas into a business.
- Comfortable and confident in working across a fully remote and flexible working environment.
- Knowledge using Docker is desirable with any exposure to LINUX being a bonus.
What’s In It For You?:
- Autonomy to introduce new tech into the business.
- Progression into a Development Manager position.
- Work closely with the CTO & Head of Development in a hands on capacity.
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday (rising with length of service)
- Bi annual company conferences with quarterly company events.
- Fully remote and flexible working.
- Salary up to £65,000.
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.