With the Prime Minister saying he is committed to leaving the European Union by the 31st October “do or die” - The UK Tech Cluster Group, Tech Nation, & The Coalition for a Digital Economy (Coadec) are working together to explain what digital and tech companies need to do to ensure that their businesses are ready for a potential “no-deal” Brexit.
Areas of focus will include:
- Steps to secure your cross-border data flows
- Ensuring your European staff are ready and understand how settled status works
- Tax implications for your business
- How to manage the other business critical impacts of a no-deal Brexit.
We will have industry experts, as well as legal and accounting professionals, at hand to ensure that you are able to take the necessary steps to Brexit-proof your business.
By attending this Brexit Briefing you will:
- Find out the key issues that will impact tech businesses in a no deal outcome and what you can do about it to that your business is fully prepared for all eventualities
- Hear expert guidance from Dom Hallas, Executive Director of The Coalition for a Digital Economy (Coadec) & former official at the Department for Exiting the European Union, on both the UK political context and the Brexit process in order to understand what’s really happening
- Benefit from a Q&A discussion to learn what other organisations are doing in preparation for Brexit
- 12:15 - Registration
- 12:30 - Welcome from Manchester Digital - Katie Gallagher
- 12:40 - Presentation of guidance paper - Dom Hallas, Coadec
- 13:10 - Political context / Brexit process update
- 13:25 - Q&A session
- 13:45 - Close