What you'll do
As the Information Management and IT Senior Manager you’ll:
- develop and manage the relationship with CDIO for CDDO's IT needs both informally and formally through service level agreements and memorandum of understandings. Report service metrics regularly to the senior leadership team
- point of contact for Information Management within CDDO and link to the Government Digital Service Information and Records Management team
- work closely with the wider operations team to ensure the IT needs of CDDO staff are met by CDIO and the service integrates with the wider operations service, for example of onboarding
- manage a list of tools and licences for teams across CDDO, clearly communicate this to staff, ensuring that the tools are compliant with commercial requirements and the licences are kept up to date to reduce the risk of impacting delivery
- lead cross-gov slack project working with the modernising technology team and CDIO to deploy slack across the digital community, develop metrics to evidence benefits, develop business cases for wider use, manage access, manage the integration of Slack with other tools and champion the use of Slack across government
- drive forward the CDDO Laptop refresh, ensuring new devices meet the needs of CDDO teams
- be the CDDO lead contact for the Platform and O365 refresh, ensuring CDIO have considered the needs of CDDO teams and that the impact on delivery is continuously monitored and managed.
Who you'll be
We’re interested in people who have:
- an understanding of how to manage information compliantly, with experience working in information management, including developing and implementing policies and procedures which meet user needs
- project management experience and an understanding of identifying and managing risks, or a desire to develop these skills
- the ability to collaborate across public sector organisations and with external tech industry partners
- have an understanding of the landscape of online collaboration tools and how to use them effectively, specifically understanding of Google and Microsoft productivity suites and associated hardware
- an understanding of Slack and a willingness to develop this knowledge further.
How to apply
The standard selection process for roles at CDDO consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, click apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter (max. 750 words). Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “Who you’ll be” section above.
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours and strengths listed in the "Who you'll be" section.
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.