We maintain and modernise services that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary and our purpose is unique..
You will join our community of Solution Architects across DWP Digital. We maintain and modernise services that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives.
Opportunities exist in the Corporate Services and Payments teams in our Digital Hubs in Blackpool and Manchester, designing modernised Payments systems or Corporate services, including a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform.
As a Solution Architect, you will:
• Design technical solutions (products and services) to meet user needs and align with DWP technical strategy and standards.
• Provide a consistent set of solution views, that communicate and describe the construction of the solution to all stakeholders.
• Champion solution communication, making the complex simple to understand.
• Support delivery teams, blending technical (development and architecture) and behaviour (leadership and communication) skills.
Your roles and responsibilities for this role include, but are not restricted to the following:
• Deliver the technical and architecture design elements of services.
• Work with engineering teams, and other Digital stakeholders, to create VFM solution designs.
• Ensure technical quality and adherence of solution designs to the DWP Digital Blueprint, Enterprise Architecture and Product Roadmaps.
• Identify, capture, share, iterate, and implement architecture patterns.
• Drive resolution of technical debt, to reduce the ongoing cost of DWP IT services.
• Develop product roadmaps and represent product designs at DWP governance forums, providing clear communication of architecture design and decision making, in order to gain approval to proceed with designs.
• Support the development of the DWP Architecture Practice.
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.