A very well known Tech business in the heart of Manchester are currently on the lookout for DevOps Engineers, a brilliant time to join their Data Driven Platform journey.
What will you be doing:
- Design and maintain a “one-click” deployment pipeline using a combination of Jenkins, RightScale and Puppet
- Design a secure, scalable, operationally robust infrastructure (primarily on AWS).
- Develop solutions that are cloud-agnostic where possible. Ensuring you design solutions with a balance on operations and development.
- Continuously improve and refine the build and deployment process.
- Own the development, QA, staging and production environments and deployments
- Provide leadership on best technology and process practice to drive the development teams forward
- Empower your delivery teammates by helping them help themselves
What do you need to excel in this role:
- Redhat / CentOS
- Puppet / Shell
- Building Continuous Integration / Delivery Pipelines in Jenkins
- Amazon AWS (EC2, Route 53, ELB, S3)
- Strong sysadmin coding skills
- Software build tools – Maven, SBT, Git
- Open source monitoring tools
- Host networking – subnets/routing, firewalls, DNS/DHCP
- Ability to demonstrate the design and support of a robust build, deployment and configuration management system for multi-tier applications
- Worked within environment of 100s of virtual machines preferably in a public cloud environment
- Competitive salary + Bonuses
- £300p/wk when on call & an additional £10hr if called out.
- Flexible working - Work your way!
- Share save schemes
- 27 days holidays +bank holidays (You’re even able to buy 5 more if that isn’t enough for you)
Pension, a health cash plan, life assurance as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle