THG Ingenuity, the technology services division of THG, today announces the signing of major partnership agreements with global beauty brands Elemis, PZ Cussons Beauty, Burt’s Bees, Nuxe, By Terry and Revolution Beauty, as part of the wider beauty portfolio of clients, collectively worth more than £100 million.
Through the partnerships, THG Ingenuity will accelerate each brand’s transition towards a direct-to-consumer (“DTC”) model to meet the growing online consumer demand. The agreements are also testament to THG Ingenuity’s ability to deliver this digital transformation across all touchpoints of the consumer journey effectively.
- Elemis – THG will launch Elemis through localised DTC offerings across 15 territories in Europe and Asia over the next 12 months. Elemis will leverage THG’s localisation expertise and global distribution centres in the UK, Poland, Australia and Singapore for greater fulfilment efficiencies and to offer shorter delivery times and more relevant shopping experiences to their customers;
- PZ Cussons Beauty – The partnership will see THG Ingenuity facilitate its shift to DTC ecommerce at pace, with the launch of three of their consumer brands, St Tropez, Sanctuary Spa and Fudge professional, in under six weeks;
- Burt’s Bees – THG will initiate the European site roll-out for Burt’s Bees, the natural skincare brand, which commenced with the UK site launch in May 2020. THG’s offering includes its trading & performance marketing analytics to optimise performance which has led to a fast start with website performance trading at +146% revenue vs the initial target of 60% organic growth;
- Nuxe - The brand is about to launch its global DTC online business with THG Ingenuity in the USA, complemented by a JBP for THG Ingenuity’s own reseller sites Skinstore and Lookfantastic. The next phase of the partnership will see further sites rolled out across America and Asia Pacific.
- Revolution Beauty – Initially delivering a DTC online business for the US and Australia in 2020, THG will complement the British beauty brand’s existing ecommerce offering and enable it to enter new markets. The partnership reflects the growing number of established brands that are benefitting from THG’s international infrastructure and local knowledge of global territories to expand their presence.
- By Terry – THG Ingenuity is partnering with the French firm on a new brand launch across all end-to-end services. This will include brand development and strategy, content and packaging, DTC and managed services in trade and performance marketing.
Each brand will access THG Ingenuity’s full range of ecommerce solutions, from its end-to-end, proprietary DTC technology platform to its international fulfilment and payments infrastructure complemented by further global solutions across hosting, translations, brand development and creative content. Crucially, the brands will have access to, and full ownership of, an exhaustive pool of data that underpins all of THG Ingenuity’s operations, led by its data analytics division.
THG Ingenuity offers its partners a long pipeline of innovation, empowering them to stay ahead of the curve as the retail landscape continues to evolve. Beauty-industry players specifically will need to lean on innovative tools to capture and convert the attention of existing and new customers in the coming years. THG Ingenuity is constantly developing these tools, having recently filed a patent for its Foundation Finder Technology, which allows consumers to colour-match from home using THG’s own colour card, machine learning and computer vision technology. This is one example of how partners can benefit from its technology roadmap.
Matthew Moulding, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of THG, said: “The consumer shift to online continues at pace and a resilient, world class, DTC operation has become a necessity for brands to generate sustainable long-term growth. Through THG Ingenuity’s proprietary technology, brands can leverage our end-to-end capabilities to launch, market and fulfil their product offering at pace and accelerate their international expansion.
“The latest partnership agreements with some of the leading international beauty brands are a testament to the strength of THG Ingenuity’s proven technology services.”