As an IT Service Manager (Problem Manager) you will be working in a fast-paced environment in one of the Department’s key strategic areas of Fraud, Error and Debt, providing quality and availability of the Digital products and services that the department depends on.
We are looking for an IT Service Manager (Problem Manager) who would like to be part of a team delivering real value to our DWP colleagues and citizens.
You will be part of the Live Support team supporting business critical systems used by Counter Fraud Compliance & Debt (CFCD), which is currently the largest business directorate impacting the DWP Live estate across all service lines (approximately 9,000 staff).
Lead Problem Management within the Live Support teams, working closely with Service Transformation project delivery teams to drive the reduction of open Problem tickets through:
- Proactive Problem Identification.
- Problem Categorization and Prioritization.
- Problem Diagnosis and Resolution.
- Problem and Error Control.
- Problem Closure and Evaluation.
- Major Problem Reviews.
- Problem Management Reporting.
This will require you to work closely with relevant stakeholders across DWP Digital to:
- Ensure Problem fixes are included in regular release schedules.
- Avoid costly incidents, prioritising Problems based on impact and cost.
- Find and learn from underlying root cause analysis.
- Promote continuous service improvement.
- Encourage an open environment where problems are shared.
- Spread the knowledge and encourage standard processes and procedures.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.