Do you want to be involved in the technical design and implementation of services and process automations using the latest tools, working in collaboration with other subject areas to deliver this work?
If the answer is yes then please read on!
🚀 About the role 🚀
You will be a crucial part of the new and rapidly expanding Automation Teams. We use Microsoft and other tools and platforms to maintain and continually improve several current services and will take responsibility for others as the team grows, as well as embarking on a programme of new projects as operational teams are made aware of the possibilities of Robotic Process Automation and other technologies we can provide.
👀 What you'll be doing 👀
- complete basic automation, API and general development and test tasks
- propose automations and changes that fit within the overall models and patterns set by more senior developers
- support the definition and delivery of new services, automations and APIs
- identify and resolve issues with our services, using established methods
- learn more sophisticated software and automation development and delivery skills to advance and excel as an engineer
🚀 About you 🚀
We’re looking for a person who is curious and when confronted with a difficult or strange problem acts like a detective to crack the mystery. An excellent teammate, you'll take ownership of the products, features and services your team looks after. Above all you’ll want to support our mission to transform the critical systems we look after.
Joining an expanding software engineering community you will be passionate about growing your own career within that community with a desire to research, learn and apply new programming tools and techniques, you’ll have some experience with:
- RESTful APIs and web technologies
- agile software development principles
- analysing issues to identify trends or root causes and their resolution
- testing software and reporting on results
What we're offering
We understand that continuous learning is extremely important to you as an engineer. To support you we will give you the materials and time to grow yourself. Additionally, you’ll have the support of a rapidly growing engineering community!
Some of the other benefits our engineers love! 💜
- one of the higher starting salaries across the Civil Service
- a Civil Service pension with employer contribution rates of between 26.6% and 30.3%, depending upon salary
- 25 days annual leave on appointment, plus 8 days public holidays and 1 day for the Queen’s Birthday, rising further with service
- flexible working options to enable you to achieve the work life balance that right for you including part-time, flexi time and job sharing
- training and development opportunities tailored to your role
- an in-year bonus scheme
- a culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- season ticket loans and rental deposit loans
- cycle to work and payroll giving
- employee discounts - including a huge number of retailers (via the Edenred platform), Microsoft Home Use programme and gym membership
- a variety of staff recognition schemes including thank you vouchers
- health and wellbeing initiatives including monthly mindfulness sessions
- staff support networks
- maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks of statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- maternity and adoption support leave (paternity leave) of 2 weeks full pay
- up to 5 days paid leave for volunteering
- study leave and support for studying for a qualification or other accredited development relevant to your role