We're over the moon to share that outbloom has been shortlisted for six awards across five categories at The Northern Digital Awards.
🌷 Best Digital Marketing Campaign - Retail
🌷 Best Digital Marketing Campaign - B2C
🌷 Best Low Budget Campaign
🌷 Best PPC Campaign x 2
🌷 Best Small Digital Agency of the Year
What Being A Finalist at The Northern Digital Awards Means to outbloom
With both co-founders hailing from the north, these awards are particularly special as they showcase the talent and skills in performance marketing that can often be overlooked in the industry. Co-founder, Julia, has multiple first-hand experiences of prejudices being from the North when working in the South, so to be shortlisted for our work at a prestigious event that truly celebrates the output from our Northern agencies and brands means the world. We have worked at, and know many people at the agencies who we're toe-to-toe with, so whatever the outcome, we'll be celebrating!
Read About Some of Our Work
One of our campaigns which we’ve been nominated for was for our work with Arena Flowers, the UK’s #1 rated ethical florist.
For Mother’s Day 2023, our objectives were to drive D2C non-brand revenue growth of 25% YoY at a 400% ROAS through paid search. In a fiercely competitive, price driven marketplace, the challenge was to deliver on our targets whilst maintaining profitability. As an ethical retailer, Arena was not prepared to compromise on quality in a race to the bottom line.
It was clear that we needed to take a larger share of the market this year. To do this, our strategy was to target an underrepresented demographic who had the potential to swing to a purchase at Arena Flowers, whilst continuing to expand their established audience. Our focus was on:
- Campaign segmentation. To get control and target an underrepresented demographic, we had to speak differently, and offer something different to our established audience. Segmenting campaigns enabled us to highlight offers and free delivery to a more price conscious demographic whilst maintaining Arena’s eco credentials to our established, quality driven audience.
- Agile Bidding. There’s no one size fits all approach, and letting Google loose with auto bidding meant limited control. Our segmentation allowed us to tailor our bidding targets based on cohort CVR.
- Protect AOV. Promoting Arena’s offer was crucial, but safeguarding AOV was essential for profitability. We attracted clicks with discounts but optimised the on-site experience to ensure higher AOVs.
- 541% ROAS (vs. 400% Target)
- Increased year-on-year revenue by +31% (vs. 25% Target)
- Increased AOV by +7% year-on-year
See more of our case studies here
outbloom is a director-led performance marketing consultancy for e-commerce brands and private equity. Co-founders Julia and Mark created outbloom following long tenures at digital agencies. Having led performance marketing teams within multiple network agencies, working across multiple clients such as Aesop, Converse, Tommy Hilfiger, Playstation and Chloé, they believed there was a better way to activate performance media. All too often, they saw clients not performing at their potential due to lack of training, inexperienced teams and layers of internal politics.
outbloom was created as a simple solution for brands who want to get the best out of their performance media from small, highly experienced teams. You won’t find layers of dispersed teams whilst paying a high fee to work with junior talent. When you work with us, from strategy to activation, you will be working with director-level consultants, providing transparency, outstanding attention to detail, and complete honesty.
Get to know about outbloom here