Who we areA part of the Cabinet Office, the Central Digital and Data Office leads the digital, data and technology (DDaT) function for government. We put the right conditions in place to achieve digital, data and technology transformation at scale by working with departments, and other government functions like commercial, project delivery and security professionals.
We are responsible for:
Digital, Data and Technology Strategy and Standards, like the Technology Code of Practice, the Service Standard and Open Standards
Cross-government DDaT performance and assurance, including Spend Controls
DDaT Capability Development, including the DDaT pay framework
Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Workforce and Capability:
The Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Workforce and Capability team (in Cabinet Office) is focused on ensuring that government has the right people to deliver digital transformation and meet the significant challenges that it will face in coming years. We aim to turbocharge our ability to attract, recruit, grow and retain world leading digital talent who will go on to develop game changing public services.
This challenge is one of the most pressing and exciting in government, and one that is critical to government modernisation and reform.
We are a dynamic and growing team of capability, digital and data professionals charged with setting strategy and delivering for the 23,000 digital makers, future talent, and the wider civil service. We are committed to building and continually developing a culture that is inclusive, enthusiastic, supportive, and ultimately a place where our people can perform and develop to their very best. It is important that your personal value set aligns with this ambition.
Our programme will accelerate realisation of a more diverse and inclusive workforce, and includes:
Development and implementation of a new competitive DDaT pay framework;
Design and implementation of a streamlined and standardised DDaT recruitment experience that reduces time to hire and supports a reduction in our current and future reliance on contingent labour;
Up-skilling all senior civil servants to be equipped with 'digital and data essentials';
Renewed investment in learning for all in digital and data, and a government wide commitment to apprentices and graduates at scale;
A DDaT Strategic Workforce Plan.
What you'll do
As a Career Pathways Associate Delivery Manager you will:
- manage transformation of the DDaT Capability Framework, a product that describes the digital, data and technology (DDaT) roles in government and the skills needed to do them
- support a project lead and work with a multidisciplinary team including a content designer, user researcher and data analyst to ensure the redesigned DDaT Capability Framework meets user needs and government design principles
- help to manage the related Senior Civil Service (SCS) DDaT Capability Framework
- establish relationships with profession learning leads and technical specialists across government, so that we can develop effective learning products and campaigns
- ensure that the DDaT Capability Framework supports greater diversity and inclusion in government
Who you'll be
- have experience leading and delivering agile projects in a fast-paced environment, amid ambiguity and changing priorities
- be able to work in an organised and structured way to deliver on our commitments
- communicate clearly and persuasively and build relationships with stakeholders, including with those at very senior levels
- have experience of developing and implementing workforce management strategies and initiatives in large or complex organisations
- demonstrate experience of designing and managing corporate governance and assurance
The selection process as a standard for all of our roles consists of:
- An application screening process - Simply, click apply. We only ask for a CV and Cover Letter (up to 750 words) Important tip - please ensure that your cover letter includes how you meet the skills and experience listed in the “Who You’ll Be” section above.
- An interview - We will asses you against the behaviours listed
CDDO offers hybrid working for all employees. This means that everyone does some working from home/remote working and also spends some time in their local office. You will agree to your hybrid working arrangement with your line manager in line with your preferences and business needs.