In the UK, we support digital innovation. Across the group, we cover digital systems and Internet-connected devices.
Our clients range from the largest multinationals to start-ups: what they have in common is the need for a partner who can be trusted to deliver effectively.
Your job will involve the support of people’s growth, developing our capabilities, recruiting, and staffing projects. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally. Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
Your continuous education is essential for us! We know how important life-long and fast learning is, which is why we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company. We strongly believe in developing one's skills "on the job" and we encourage this approach in particular. In addition, Zühlke offers a range of complementary training courses tailored to the needs of the company and its employees. And we regularly take advantage of coaching and mentoring.
As part of our longer-term view, we believe that diversity in the workplace benefits all, and we have ethical guidelines about which client industries we will work for.
Your job will include:
- As a Head of Competence Unit you will be responsible for the leadership, the line management and the skill development of the unit’s staff, which comprises of engineers, consultants and project managers.
- You will ensure that staff are able to provide excellent results from a methodological and technological point of view in Zuhlke’s engagements.
- As part of the management team you will, while supporting the ongoing growth of the Manchester location, create and maintain an environment that fosters Zuhlke’s values and culture and that staff enjoy.
- In close collaboration with the Regional Director of the Manchester office you will assign appropriate staff to projects and engagements, ensure a high level of utilisation, and agree on qualitative and quantitative growth targets.
- As part of the Competence Centre’s management team you will shape and develop the Centre’s methodological, process and technology portfolio.
- You will represent Zuhlke as a line manager in the talent market, at recruitment events and career fairs, in particular in, but not limited to, the Greater Manchester Area.
Skills & Requirements:
- You have experience being in a position of line management and/or commercial responsibility in IT, product design or consultancy.
- You have good knowledge of the solution and service business in a distributed and international context.
- You have good knowledge of software engineering and consulting methodologies and approaches. You also have a good overview of technology developments and required skills in tech, especially in IT.
- Over several years in consulting services you have proven to have business sense, drive and goal orientation.
- You are an effective team worker with very strong leadership and communication skills.
- You have experience in recruitment, succession planning and retention management.
- You have a passion for continuously improving yourself and for developing high performing teams and individuals.
- You are equally strong in driving day-to-day operations as well as in thinking ahead, shaping the future of your unit and the whole company.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.