From major holidays to awareness days, find out everything you need to know about important employee engagement dates for the final few months of 2022.
- Major events such as Diwali, Hanukkah and Black History Month
- Awareness Days such as World Food Day, White Ribbon Day and Human Rights Day
- Resources and blogs which offer tips, activities and advice
How to use this calendar
You'll find many helpful tips and advice in the calendar, as well as some resources that will be useful for internal communications, engagement & inclusion.
This is just the starting point to begin planning a year's worth of engaging events and activities for your employees to enjoy.
Here are some activities you could try:
- Supporting your leaders to have conversations with their teams
- Workplace celebrations
- Team building activities
- Training events
- Awareness & education campaigns
To make the most of this tool download it to your desktop and plan your employee events against our suggested tips and dates.
We’ll send you another calendar in December so you can plan out the start of the 2023.
Have a productive final few months!
Black History Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 1st October - World Vegetarian Day
- 2nd October - National Grandparents Day
- 5th October - World Teachers Day
- 6th October - National Cerebral Palsy Day
- 10th October - World Mental Health Day
- 11th October - National Coming Out Day
- 16th October - World Food Day
- 20th October - National Writing Day
- 24th October - Diwali
- 31st October - Halloween
Diabetes Awareness Month
- 1st November - World Vegan Day
- 2nd November - Stress Awareness Day
- 5th November - Bonfire Night
- 11th November - Remembrance Day
- 13th November - Kindness Day
- 14th November - Odd Socks Day
- 16th November - Day of Tolerance
- 19th November - International Men’s Day
- 20th November - Transgender Day of Remembrance
- 20th November - Universal Children’s Day
- 25th November - White Ribbon Day
Universal Human Rights Month
HIV Awareness Month
- 1st December - World AIDS Day
- 3rd December - Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 5th December - Volunteer Day
- 10th December - Human Rights Day
- 14th December - Christmas Jumper Day
- 20th December - Human Solidarity Day
- 21st December - Winter Solstice
- 25th December - Christmas Jumper Day
- 26th December - Boxing Day
- 31st December - New Years Eve
Inclusion and Engagement - Every Day
With so many holidays and recognition days, it can be challenging to decide which days and causes to promote in your company. Ultimately, the best recognition & inclusion strategy involves your employees’ feedback, so ask them what matters to them and plan from there.
We hope this calendar inspires you to make inclusion, recognition and celebration an integral part of your employee engagement strategy.
Whether it’s a holiday or not, your people are worth celebrating any day of the year!