The North West Cyber Resilience Centre is offering small businesses the opportunity to improve their cyber resilience through assessment, testing, training and education.
What is this new fully-funded business program?
A dedicated programme to help your business stay secure from online crime through education, training and 1-2-1 support.
Who is it for?
Any business based within Greater Manchester can apply. You do not have to be a company that operates online to access the support. Many types of businesses want to protect their staff, their company and customers data. At a time when many businesses have moved online during the pandemic it’s important we’re all aware of the threats from online crime.
What is required to take up a place?
A deep understanding of cyber security, online or digital technology is not needed. The Cyber Resilience Centre’s role is to help educate your staff and help you to increase awareness of the latest cyber threats that come with operating online and provide practical support to help protect your businesses from online crime.
All that is required from you is:
- Commit to enrol 2 members of staff on a Security Awareness Training session - this is a 90-minute training course with sessions available at various times to suit you.
- Complete a 1-2-1 consultation with our Senior Cyber Security Consultant, so we can review your business needs and signpost you to the latest help and support.
- Complete our feedback questionnaire to help us continually improve our program to ensure it delivers practical help and advice which makes a difference to small businesses.
What is the benefit of this program to my company?
The pandemic has seen a 400% increase in reports of cyber fraud with small businesses finding themselves at the greatest risk and without access to relevant, affordable and trusted support. This program will help to protect businesses against online crime at a time when suffering an attack could mean the difference between a business staying open and closing down.
What do you get by joining this program?
This program includes three key parts:
- Business Starter Membership - This 12-month membership (usually £500) includes Security Awareness Training (for two members of staff). This ensures your staff are the strongest defence against cyber attacks by equipping them with the information they need to identify, report and stop any attempts before any damage can be done.
- Cyber Security Policy & Procedure Templates - This documentation ensures your business has the most recent cybersecurity policies and procedures in place. They have been designed by our Cyber Security Consultants and will help staff ensure your business has clear security strategies and can respond efficiently if an incident occurs.
- 1-2-1 Security Consultation - This consultation (up to 1 hour) allows us to work with you to review what current security measures you have in place, answer any questions you have about cyber security and work with you to create a plan for how to monitor and secure your digital footprint.
Register your interest in this program with our Head of Cyber & Innovation, Grace Hulse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit your details here.