Download a free membership brochure and discover the benefits of joining the Manchester Digital community for your business.
Supporting the sector
Manchester Digital are committed to supporting and scaling the capability and capacity of the region’s fintech sector, offering a range of services and events alongside impactful tactical projects and initiatives that are designed specifically to meet the requirements of this innovative sector.
Raising the profile of the work being done by fintechs in the Greater Manchester region
Showcasing the work emanating from the sector via events and speaking opportunities
Providing regular fintech-focused networking opportunities
Offering marketing and PR support to our fintech members
Making valuable introductions for fintechs to investors, other business or universities
Lobbying on behalf of the fintech sector at both regional and national level
Fintech Event Programme
Our Fintech Forums are a quarterly series of events that bring together senior figures from across the fintech sector, with roundtable discussions and talks on some of the main issues impacting the sector and latest technological trends, alongside opportunities for networking and discussion.
By bringing businesses together within the sector, we will be able to collectively understand the issues and challenges faced that may, without attention, prohibit future growth and help to engineer collaboration and a sense of community.
Our next event:
Our first Fintech Week will run from Monday 18th - Friday 22nd September 2023. Immerse yourself in an exciting programme of events, activities and features that highlight the latest tech, innovations and challenges facing the fintech industry.
Roundups of our previous events:
A growing sector
Manchester is now recognised as a fintech powerhouse. The alignment of Manchester’s two largest industries – financial services and tech and digital – has brought about a thriving sector that’s developing strength and expertise in areas such as data analytics, payments, cyber-security, platforms and software.
From innovative startups and scaleups leading the way on fintech disruption to established financial organisations, plus traditional banks and financial services firms, Manchester is home to an increasingly wide selection of forward thinking fintech businesses and a growing tech talent pool.
As the trade body for Manchester’s digital and tech businesses, Manchester Digital is committed to supporting the growth of this burgeoning section of our digital economy.
Click here to browse our directory of fintech and financial services companies in membership.
What’s driving the sector?
There are a wide variety of factors driving Manchester’s emergence as the fastest-growing regional fintech ecosystem, such as:
- A large and sophisticated customer base
- Cost competitiveness compared to other regions
- A strong collection of well-established fintech specialists and innovative startups
- The availability of business capital
- Recognition as a world-leading financial centre
- A reputation as a city of innovation within tech
- Access to highly-skilled talent and research
The growing cluster of fintech businesses within the region, ranging from well-established firms to startups looking to disrupt the industry, is supported by the world-class research being conducted here in areas of specialism such as blockchain, volatility research, artificial intelligence and data engineering.
Benefits of becoming a Manchester Digital member for fintech businesses
- Attend our quarterly fintech events: network with your peers, share best practice and showcase your products and innovations
- Feature in our fintech content features which we share to our 28k social followers and 9k database
- Benefit from regular fintech-focused networking opportunities
- Raise your profile and employer brand by speaking at our fintech events
- Collaborate with other businesses within the sector
- Benefit from Manchester Digital's lobbying on behalf of the fintech sector at both regional and national level
Want to know more? Download a membership benefits brochure here!
Get in touch
If you would like to be involved in our next fintech showcase event or discuss the benefits of coming into Manchester Digital membership, email email@example.com.